Hey all, thanks for letting me have my pity party. Let's just say sometimes it's VERY HARD having an evil ex-wife in the picture... Nuff said. :)
So I was thinking about the lesson we had yesterday in RS. It was from Julie Beck's talk in last October Conference about Mothers who know. One of the subheading is "Mothers who know do less" - YES! So it's okay to be lazy - that's not what she meant?? Darn. :) J/K I loved this part because it really made me feel good about some of the choices I've made for my family. She said, "Mothers who know do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media into their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world's goods in order to spend more time with their children- more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world. Their goal is to prepare future fathers and mothers who will be builders of the Lord's kingdom for the next 50 years. That is influence; that is power." Sometimes it is so hard to do this because I want my kids to be able to do all kinds of activities and be really involved, but I have realized there is such a thing as too involved. If it causes stress on the rest of the family or we don't get enough time together then it is way too much. I'm thankful to know that the decisions I make now to keep us together is going to make them stronger as they grow, not more deprived. We love being together and in the end our families are what we are going to have. It's not going to be the soccer team, or dance team or debate team that is there for us in times of trial and hardship - it's family. *Happy sigh*, I love being validated. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen. Sadly, I am still figuring all this stuff out. Be patient with me. :)
Post a Comment