Monday, April 7, 2008
GC
I just have to say that I LOVED General Conference! Now admittedly I ALWAYS love GC but this one was so wonderful! It was great to be a part of the Solemn Assembly. For those of you who don't know, when a new Prophet is called, they are sustained by common consent, every member of the church gets a chance to sustain or object to him being called. It brought back memories of when President Hinkley was called to be the Prophet. I was actually there in the tabernacle in 1995 and the Spirit was so strong! I had such a strong testimony that Gordon B. Hinkley was a prophet of God. It was amazing to me that even being part of the SA here in my own living room, I still felt the Spirit so strong that testified that Thomas S. Monson is also a prophet of God. Heavenly Father is so good! He loves us so much to let us know these things for ourselves! I am so thankful that I don't have to rely on what anyone else says, I can know for myself! Now, I haven't had any doubts about President Monson but this weekend just confirmed my feelings about him. I did really miss Pres. Hinkley, he was such a great man, but I know the Lord is in charge and things will go forward as usual. I loved how Pres. Monson really opened up and let us see his great sense of humor. Probably my 2 favorite talks were the very last 2 of the Sunday session. Elder Ballard's talk on motherhood just really hit home. I was fighting back tears the entire time. I know that being a mother is the most important job I can have but sometimes the rewards and appreciation are few and the days are long and it is just plain hard! It was just so validating to have an apostle acknowledge all of those feelings and to lift us up and encourage us! Thank you! I needed that! Also Pres. Monson as he encouraged us to "leave the storms at the door" and to love and lift one another and all of the other wonderful uplifting things he said as he shared his concerns for us and the love our HF has for us. Just WONDERFUL! Thank you Heavenly Father for recharging my batteries. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment