Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Last Lecture: A Love story for your life

Last night on Primetime they profiled Randy Pausch, a professor/motivational speaker that has pancreatic cancer that is terminal. If any of you saw it you will know what I mean when I say it was completely inspirational. The doctors gave him 6 months to live (he has already outlived this but is getting weaker) and he truly is living every day to its fullest and enjoying the time he has left with his family. His motto is: Are you a Tigger or an Eeyore? Wow! I think I'm going to adopt this as my motto also. Sometimes I myself fall victim to the Eeyore syndrome and I have to remind myself that I am so blessed! I was really touched by his story and the great attitude he has about life. It was cute when he told Diane that she should ask him about a movie about his life. When she did he said, "There won't be one, there is no one beautiful enough to play my wife." AWWWWW.... *sniff*, I thought that was so sweet! I can't wait to get this book and I truly wish he and his family the very best! You can view a clip from the show here: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/LastLecture/

1 comment:

Erica said...

I just downloaded the book from iTunes today. I can't wait to listen to it. Wasn't that a neat story and a wonderful guy? My grandma died of pancreatic cancer and so anytime I hear of someone having it, it really touches my heart.