Alison tagged me for a Lemonade meme - thanks for getting me thinking! I love it when I have an excuse to think about my past and draw out the positive things that occurred from it, what a great way to count my blessings. :-)
Rules:
* Copy and paste these rules to your blog post.
* Link back to person who tagged you.
* Write about an incident in your life you first thought was really bad, but ended up being a blessing.
* Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
* Let each person you tagged know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Okay, so as I have thought about this I have had many experiences come to mind that seemed very hard at the time, but turned out that I learned a great lesson or that something better happened in the end. One of the most significant ones that I chose to share is when I was married to my first husband Andy. He had been married before me and had been sealed to her. When we got married he was having a hard time getting a sealing clearance for us to be married in the Temple so we decided to get married civilly. Through the course of our marriage we applied several times for a sealing clearance and each time it came back that the time was not right and to reapply in 6 months. I couldn't understand what was going on and why we were being denied the blessing of eternal marriage. Then one day a little over 3 years and 2 kids into the marriage he came home and told me he'd quit his job and didn't think a family was what he wanted. (Why don't you just punch me in the face, it would hurt less.) Anyway, after that I realized that Heavenly Father knew this was going to happen and while preventing Andy from making the mistake twice of being sealed in the Temple and then divorced he also was saving me the heartache and headache of having to get a Temple divorce. At the time I was devastated but deep in my heart I knew that there was someone out there for me. I told Andy at the time of our divorce that if/when I got married again I wanted to have my children sealed to me and my spouse and he agreed that he would be willing to do that. So, fast forward 5 years and I finally meet Shawn. This newly baptized, divorced father of 2 girls who swept me off my feet and even better loved me AND my 2 kids and wanted to marry me in the Temple for Time and All Eternity! Wow! What a blessing it was for me to be able to be sealed to my sweetheart without the hassle of Temple clearances, etc.. Then, a little over a year after our marriage we were able to take my 2 kids to the Temple with us to be sealed to Shawn and I! It was so perfect! I was so thankful that what started out being frustrating (not being sealed to Andy) wound up being exactly what I needed for me and my kids so that we could be sealed to Shawn. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows us individually and knows our needs, even when we feel like we know best and are being picked on.
Now it's my turn to tag! :-) Hmmm.... How about:
Amy
Marnell
Tracy
Jennifer
Brandie
Erica
I would pick on Shawn but I don't think he'd play. HaHa. :-)
I'm looking forward to some good lemonade!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
what a wonderful glass of lemonade!!
Thanks for sharing that, I find it interesting what the outcome is when H.F says 'no' to our requests.
That is a really neat story - though I can only imagine how painful it must have been for you to go through it at the time. It just shows that Heavenly Father really does know what is going on with everyone individually and can see the bigger picture that we can't see. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Thanks for the "tag" - I'll have to give it some thought!
WOW...how do I top that one? I'll have to think about mine and let you know! (Maybe it will come to me during our Temple Excursion tomorrow! It's SO tough to get to the temple out here that Hubby has to take a day off, we have to hire a babysitter at $10 an hour, we drive 1 1/2 hours each way, AND pay $3.56 a gallon to get there - unless gas went up AGAIN! ALL worth it, especially since lunch is always at Panera Bread when we're done - not to mention the spiritual blessing and insights we receive too!)
What an great post! I have been thinking lately about the love of our Father in Heaven and how he often has batter things in store for us than we can even fathom with our own limited vision. Thanks for reminding me of that and showing more evidence of that fact.
I'm still thinking. Whatever I choose will sound lame compared to yours or Alison's.
Post a Comment