Monday, April 28, 2008

cookies

Okay, so I know I haven't written in the past 5 days but I have been feeling too many emotions that I didn't feel stable enough to write. LOL! Good thing I can laugh about it. It's either that or cry, but no one really wants to hear me cry so I'll laugh. :)

So, just for the sake of writing I am going to share one of my favorite cookie recipes. My friend Kay gave me this recipe several years ago and my kids LOVE making it because they get to mix it with their hands and then they get to lick the dough off their hands after (if you're a bad mom like me that lets them- haha). So here you are:

AWESOME KID COOKIES

1 heaping cup of flour (I do mean heaping!)
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix everything with your hands and add as much chocolate chips as you want. Bake for approximately 8-11 minutes

Now this is a small recipe and only makes between 12-14 cookies so we usually double it because they are SO YUMMY!!! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tracy Hendricks Owens said...

I'll have to try out your recipe on Laine and see if it's as big a hit with her as it is with your bunch. Feeling OK now?