Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Dutch Oven Cookin'
For Father's Day the kids and I got Shawn outfitted with a dutch oven and supplies. He was very surprised and excited which was a relief because I wasn't entirely sure if he would like it or not. :) This weekend he was finally able to bust everything out and try it and boy is he a mean cook! Sunday he made Dr. Pepper Pineapple Baked Beans for Roxy's b-day get together and they were sooooo yummy!!! MmmMmmGood! So then on Monday we went to do our "monthly shopping" and he found himself another dutch oven that he just had to have (it's shallow so it's better for making desserts) and as soon as we got home he decided to throw together a cherry crisp dessert for a FHE dinner with the Steins. Of course it turned out perfect! It makes me so happy to see him loving it so much! One of our friends from church told him he should join the dutch oven group (a bunch of guys from church who love to dutch oven cook) and I think he should! The only problem is that his cookin' is SO GOOD that I don't know how I am possibly going to lose any weight!!! Sigh, my life is so hard-- HAHA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you have yourself a real chef! I'm slightly envious as I don't own a single dutch oven, yet I know Troy has many tricks up his sleeve with dutch ovens!
Post a Comment