Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Injured
Yesterday afternoon Shawn was working on the basement. He was hammering some nails down on a board so no one would step on them when he miscalculated and stepped on one himself- OUCH!! I was upstairs and heard him hammering, then what Roxy calls a "bad word" (which was really quite benign when I think of all the bad words out there) and then he yells "honey". I rush to the stairs and the first thing I see is blood - ugh! I thought maybe he'd just missed the board when he was hammering or had smashed a finger- I wasn't quite prepared for blood. Anyway I grabbed a towel and rushed down there to wrap it up and took him to Urgent Care. They rinsed it out, made sure his Tetanus was up to date (which it was thankfully) and prescribed him an antibiotic since the nail went through his shoe. Thankfully he is fine and will heal quickly. What a scare! The real dumb part about it is that today is his regular physical so we had to pay a UC copay yesterday and now we'll have another one today. Why does it always seem to happen that way???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL Im still wishing he would have paused for that photo op!!
Post a Comment