Thursday, July 17, 2008

GRRRR...

Yesterday was a pretty much SUCKY day for me. I got up early in the morning to start work only to find an email from my boss stating that they no longer had adequate transcription volumes for me to keep working for them. In February they had lost several accounts but assured us that they were getting new ones and not to worry about our jobs. Needless to say I was completely shocked and upset! Of course they also stated that the day previous was my last day-- NICE! After 7 years of loyal work, not to mention working extra the past 3 weeks to cover vacations, this is how they treat me?? UNBELIEVABLE! Whatever! So, after being completely upset and not being able to talk to Shawn because he was in the academy all day, I decided I was going to take advantage of the unplanned time off to spend with my kids. We packed up and I took them to Union Resevoir that I have been hearing about from the gals at church. When I got there Brandie saw me and told me there were a bunch of them there and to go sit by them. What a blessing!! I so needed the fellowship of these sisters yesterday, I just can't tell you how nice it was to just sit and visit and forget about my worries and problems! Thank you dear sisters!! My Father in Heaven was really looking out for me yesterday by sending me there. He knew I needed that and my kids had a BLAST! They want to go again next week which would be great but I'm also hoping to find another job by then. :) I was kind of getting burned out on the transcription anyway but I was so grateful to be able to work at home so I could be there for the kids and also because gas prices are OUTRAGEOUS right now. I have applied for a few other transcription jobs but am kind of wanting to get out of the house and have some social interaction. I enjoyed working in a medical office in the past and would like to do something like that part-time-- I have a few leads that I feel really good about, we'll see what happens. :) One thing I do know is that the Lord has a plan for me and somehow this is part of it. He will provide something even better for me and my family while at the same time teaching me something that I need to know to be a better person. I am so grateful for the faith that I have been blessed with and the knowledge that all things will be for my good (even if I don't feel like that until the trial has passed). I am also thankful for a supportive husband and kids who love me and help me to feel like all is not lost. Thanks Shawn, as always, you are the best and I love you so much!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I'm so sorry! That bites. But, look at you having such a great attitude and making the best of it. You're awesome. I know something will come up for you.

Erica said...

I am so sorry!! Good luck on the next job. We have been the last two weeks to the reservoir, but couldn't go yesterday. I am so sad we missed you, but isn't it so much fun? Maybe we'll see you next week!!