Thanks to everyone for their support and kind words since I lost my job. My former employer wrote me a really nice recommendation letter, but after much prayer and consideration I have decided to start my therapeutic massage business up again. I am very excited and very nervous at the same time! I love doing massage, that's why I got my education doing it in the first place, but it was very hard to keep doing it when I was a single mom and supporting the kids and myself.
The response I have gotten in the area since I made my decision is overwhelmingly positive! I really feel that this is going to work for us and am grateful to everyone who is willing to give me a chance. I have always known that doing massage is one of the gifts that my HF has given me, it has just taken a little "prodding" from Him for me to remember it. :) It's funny because as I look back over the last few years I can see that I have been whining for this opportunity, literally. Shawn has been trying to get me to do this for at least 2 years, but with my almost full-time job as a transcriptionist and my calling at church and running our 4 kids around I just didn't feel like I had the time or energy to do it. Well, HF apparently got tired of the whining and said "Ok, here you go, you have the time, what are you going to do with it??" Wow- knock on the head! :) I truly am grateful for this opportunity. I am grateful that I have been blessed with enough faith to give it a try, even when I am scared to death! I am grateful for a loving HF who knows my needs and when and how to provide for them. I am grateful for a loving supporting family (husband, kids, sister, dad) who encourage me when I am down. And I am grateful that I know there is a reason for everything, even when it takes us a awhile to figure out what that is.
So, if you're in the area give me a call. You will not find a better massage for a cheaper price anywhere! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Do you make house calls to Rhode Island?
Here's a business tip - don't be the cheapest. Most people perceive value based on price. Do a little research, and price yourself in the mid+ range. You're worth it, that's why you went to school, right? (And practiced on ME! *sigh* I miss that...definitely a few knots in my shoulders that need to be worked out! hehe)
Just something I've learned in my own business! :) The right customers will come to you - you don't necessarily want the ones who are just looking for the cheapest price! (They won't be loyal to you!)
LOVE YOU! GOOD LUCK!
Isn't it so interesting when we look back and see a bad thing that has happened to us, that it is actually a blessing? We have had several of those things in our lives. I am so excited for you and your new venture. I'll be calling!!
Post a Comment