Thursday, June 26, 2008
Opinions Wanted
So Monday we took the kids and went to the cannery to catch up on some food storage now that our storage room is done in the basement. The kids had a lot of fun and it feels good to be more prepared. The biggest "staple" that we canned was the hard red wheat so now I am looking into getting an electric wheat grinder. I have a hand crank grinder to use in case there is no electricity but it is quite a bit of work and very messy so I would like to have something else that is more handy to use when there is electricity. So.... everyone who has a wheat grinder please give me your opinion-- what is your favorite one??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
we have the nutri-mill, after a bit of research i chose it because it seemed to handle more varieties of grains better. we've had great success with it so far.
Woo Hoo! (Love the new blog decor by the way!) SOOOO happy you made it to the cannery! You are one step ahead of me, I don't even have a hand crank grinder yet! I know that my Kitchenaid mixer has an attachment, so I may go with that. Other than that, I don't have any good suggestions. :)
I have a Wondermill and I love it!
I only wish I was preparedness minded. I'm barely prepared for tomorrow, let alone in the event of a disaster...
I think ours is the nutrimill, like Alison. It is the newer version of the whisper mill. I love it.
Post a Comment