Friday, July 31, 2009

Vacation Day 11

On the 11th day of vacation we headed back toward Logan for the annual Ray and Aleen Facer Family Reunion. On the way back we had a truck flip a rock at us and doubled chipped our windshield (yes, the torment continued as if losing the bikes and having the furnace go out weren't enough) and then when we got to the park where the reunion was we discovered a nail in the trailer tire. We left the kids at the park with the cousins and ran into town to get the tire fixed. Thank goodness we discovered it there and not in the middle of Wyoming! The reunion was actually a lot of fun and all of the relatives were excited to meet/see Shawn and the girls again. Only my Aunts and Uncles had met them at our wedding- and not all of them were there for that even. My friend Denise and her husband David stopped by to see me since we were not in Logan long enough for me to do the annual Mandarin Garden Girls Nite out with my peeps. It was fun to see her with braces! :) The kids had a ton of fun and it was so great to visit with all of the fam that I have not seen in YEARS! It was really nice to reconnect with everyone.
Baylie, Myah (tall one in the back), Hayley, Joslyn
Ash, Morgan, Roxy
Isn't Melanie hilarious. I know she is going to hate me for all of the goofy pics of her, but seriously- she is just SO MUCH FUN! :)
Tyler and Uncle Andrew
Andrew and his beautiful girls Myah, Tammy and Hayley.
Me, Denise (girl, you are short!lol) and Dave
The Facer "kids", (b) Lloyd, Ted, Richard, Lynn (f) Mae, Rae, Carol, Coy and Sheri (The Aunt in the green shirt, Coy, and her husband Jim were in "Napolean Dynamite" in the wedding scene at the end. That is our family's claim to fame.)
Aaron, Shawn and Ashley
Melanie, Me and cousin Derek. (Derek is hearing impaired- he was on his mission in NYC on 9/11- he felt the impact of the towers going down.)
Andrew, Me, Aunt Judy and Uncle Richard

3 comments:

alison said...

this has been almost like reading a summer version of the 12 days of christmas! i'm glad you had so much fun on your family trip--lots of good memories!

Denise said...

Nice. Just wait until I get my bottom braces on, then I will be really hot!! haha I miss you. I need my best friend back!!!!!

Denise said...

Nice. Just wait until I get my bottom braces on, then I will be really hot!! haha I love ya girl. I need my best friend back!!!!!!