Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Annie Oakley

That's what Shawn calls me after taking me to the gun range to shoot. Yeah, I'm all that- not! LOL It was a lot of fun having my hubby teach me how to really shoot. He is an excellent teacher and he said I did pretty darn good for my first time. It was really weird though because after my first round I had an emotional release... I started crying, very strange- I'm not sure what that was all about but he was really good and sweet about it and just loved me til it passed and then I was good to go. I shot several rounds with the hand gun and then some with the assault rifle - something weird there, I am left eye dominant which is really strange because I am right-handed. He wasn't sure what to do with me there but I definitely did better shooting the rifle left-handed. Hmmm, maybe that explains all my problems- My eyes and hands are mixed up! HAHA So anyway, it was a fun date with my love and I can't wait to go again so I can get some more practice in. BTW, Shawn ROCKS at shooting. He is a dead on shot- I'm tellin ya, you do not want to mess with my man! :)

1 comment:

Marni said...

Woo Hoo! You GO Girl! You'll need all that target practice to defend your food storage and your home when the time comes! :) I only know where everything is kept and how to load it all. Actually shooting something, that's another story. (Remember when we went 4-wheeling, got completely covered in mud, and shot a .22 when we lived in SLC? Memories...)