Monday, May 4, 2009
A Dog
Well, after YEARS of saying no Shawn has finally caved and is going to get the kids a dog. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I really don't want another baby ya know. Anyway, the kids have all promised up and down that they will be responsible for it and out of all of them I truly believe Roxy will (she's the one who wore Shawn down), but I am still pretty nervous about the whole thing. So I'm wondering if any of you dog lovers/owners out there have any advice for us dog novices? We have done quite a bit of research and everything we read says that a lab is the best first time/family dog out there. I really do like labs but am a little concerned about how big they are. The other type of dog we are thinking about is a King Cavalier Spaniel. I don't much about those dogs but everything we read seems to point out that they are good/easy dogs as well. I do like that they are smaller than a lab. I really don't want a lap dog- they are too yippy and I don't want to have to worry about taking them in to get their hair clipped. Anyway, any advice would be welcome- I just can't promise that we'll take it- haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Labs really are good dogs, but make sure you put them into obedience school as soon as they are eligible! Our neighbor across the street waited too long and now she's uncontrollable around people other than her family. (Not in a mean way, she's just too excited and jumpy.) Ric could probably tell you a lot more info about different dogs - I swear he is a "dog whisperer". :) Good luck!
My dear old dog, is Australian Shepherd/Black Lab, is a sweet heart. The grand kids all love her, She has an even temperment, has never been a problem, My sweet baby is 12 yrs old, and I would be lost with out her.
Labs are a very social and loyal animal. She was easy to train and minds good,
Go for it, the kids will love it
Post a Comment