Thankfully we made it through spring break and Shawn's birthday. The kids were very much ready to go back to school! They were really good but by Sunday they were starting to get on each others nerves (not to mention mine). :) I think they did pretty well considering they had 2 unexpected extra days off because of snow. Yes, it actually did snow here- once. But hey, who's complaining! I had a little get together for Shawn for his big 40. It was fun for him to see a few of his friends and as a surprise I made him a video of his life (excluding certain parts obviously- haha). He loved it! The only problem was that it took me FOREVER to make it! I actually had it almost complete when he decided my computer needed a new hard drive. Ugh! The program I was using wouldn't just transfer the video. LAME! So anyway, I ended up making it again. Then it wouldn't burn from my computer. Grrr. So then I made it AGAIN on the laptop. Then before I had everything saved the dumb thing froze and then kicked me out. ARGHH. Finally I got it done and then the dumb thing didn't put all the pictures onto the video. I think the laptop wasn't connected fully to the network when I was trying to burn it. So, for the party we only got to see about half of it- but all of the music was there so we listened to that. LOL. Shawn was so touched by it and loved it (what he saw of it) so much that he begged me to fix it for him. So I did and now it is finally done and burned and we watched it and it worked!!! FINALLY!! Whew!
So, now that Shawn is 40, in keeping with the 40-year-old tradition started by my SCSBFF Marnell (if you remember from my earlier posts she turned 40 this year and fell apart), he started to fall apart also. Sunday night we went for a walk and when we got home his eyes swelled all up and got all inflamed and we didn't know what was going on. I called the KP nurse and she said it sounded like an allergic reaction. They recommended some allergy drops and told him to come in on Monday. Sure enough, he had a terrible reaction to something in the air and now he has to use the drops always to make sure this doesn't happen again. It was pretty scary to tell you the truth! So, again, I refuse to turn 40. 40 is not fabulous, it is not your friend, it is frightening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
well, all you can do is go straight from 39 to 41 i guess.
Post a Comment