Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Geek Squad

So 4 years ago when we got married we bought this new Samsung refrigerator freezer with the automatic ice machine in it. The fridge is nice, the freezer will get colder than a deep freeze- the problem is the ice maker- it never really worked. It has been crappy since the day it was plugged in. But, because we are busy we just lived with it. A few weeks ago in the middle of the night it started making this loud popping noise. I finally had to just turn it off because it kept on doing it. Well, because I was ticked off because it actually invaded my sleep time I finally called Best Buy to report the problem (thankfully we have a 5 year warranty). So the geek squad came out the next day to check it out and he told me we needed a new ice maker and a new dispenser but it would take a couple of weeks to get all the parts in. Today was the day. The geek squad returned with the coveted parts for my ice maker and do you want to guess how long it took him to install it?? 10 minutes. 10 MINUTES! I have been suffering for 4 years with something that could be fixed in 10 minutes! Ugh. The moral of this story is, don't suffer... just call the geek squad. haha I guess the really sad part of this story is that apparently the Samsung ice maker is the lamest one on the market- it makes funky cubes that never come out cubed anyway. Oh well, at least it works now- mostly.

No comments: