Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 8- Sea day

The cruise is starting to wind down now with only one port left. We were really starting to get "homesick" by this point. 10 days is a long time to be away from your kids when you can't at least talk to them to see how things are going. I would worry about how the kids field trips and reports, etc were going. I tried not to worry too much but I'm a mom so what can I say! :) Once we left Costa Rica the sea really started getting rough as you will see in my video of the water sloshing around in the pool at the bottom of this post.


This was our room Steward- right now his name eludes me so I'll just say that he was GREAT! It seemed like every time we left the room he would go in and straighten up and refresh everything! Why can't I have one of him at home??
This was also our last formal night- which was again a lot of fun.
These were our fun dinner companions the Wallaces. They're from North Carolina and have been on A LOT of cruises. In fact, they have been on ALL of the cruises and are now just repeating them! We met them our second night there and after that we reserved our table so we could see them for dinner every night. We had so much fun getting to know each other!
These were our INCREDIBLE waiter! On the left is Nicholas (or something like that) from Macedonia and on the right is Jerry from Philipines. Seriously, they were the BEST! From the very first night they were our waiters and we told them we didn't drink alcohol or coffee, Jerry never asked again because he remembered! Nick forgot a time or two but that's why Jerry was the main waiter and Nick was the helper. lol Besides the wonderful Wallace's, Jerry was the next reason we requested our table for the remainder of the cruise. They were all just so fun to talk to. Our head waiter, Doru from Romania, was also really cool. He would stop by our table every night to see how we were doing and chat and whenever we saw him anywhere else on the ship he would stop and chat also. So friendly!
We had to take a picture of this funky appetizer (there were lots of funky things on the menu!). The little orange blob on the left is caviar. Shawn tried it- said it was DISGUSTING! We also tried Escargo on the ship. I didn't like the texture and had a hard time getting past knowing what is was I was eating, Shawn really liked it. A cruise is definitely your opportunity to eat hoity, toity foods you would never pay to try otherwise. :)


We were rockin and rollin with the waves of the ocean.

No comments: