Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cruise - Day 1,2,3

Here we are on day 1 getting ready to leave our hotel. I was already having fun! :) We got to the port at about 1 pm and started the boarding process. It actually wasn't too bad and didn't really take all that long. The security screening wasn't even as bad as at the airport- did you know they now offer colonoscopies at airport security?? (ok, not really but it wouldn't surprise me at all!)
Here we are up on the Lido deck getting ready to shove off. Bon Voyage!

Here we are waiting for one of the nightly shows to start. Most of them were pretty good but there were some real "stinkers" too. Thankfully the worst one was on the last day so it didn't spoil the rest of them. It was some "comedic ventriloquist" named Dan Horn who had a video resume playing as we were seated for the show. You know it's gonna be bad when they have to prove they are somebody before they even come on! My personal favorite was Adrian Zmed. He was the sidekick cop in TJ Hooker, also on the Love Boat and in Grease 2. I LOVED him when I was a tween- I used to think he was HOT! Teehee. Shawn laughed at me when I saw that he was the headliner in the daily paper you get on the ship. He didn't even remember who he was but I sure did! LOL It actually was a very good show that night- even if Mr. Zmed is getting old (of course I'M NOT! )

On Day 2 we awoke to balloons by our door and a sign that said "Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Wycoff". (Yes, our anniversary was really in March but since we went on the cruise to celebrate it they still honored the day for us.)


That night at dinner our waiters sang "Happy Anniversary" to us (to the tune of Happy Birthday) and we got a YUMMY chocolate cake dessert. It was so fun! :) It was also one of the two formal nights that night so we got to dress up and have our pics taken.

This was a champagne waterfall they had in the atrium. It was a fun and elegant evening!

Gorgeous sunset!!
Ahhh, this is the life!


Day 3 was pretty low-key also. Shawn participated in a "Sexy Legs Contest"put on by our cruise director. It was hilarious- I was SO PROUD!!! :) They offer lots of fun and silly activities to do on the ship- if you get bored then it's pretty much your own fault! They had a movie every day along with historical lectures on the ports we would be visiting. They also had their own shopping expert to talk about where to find the best deals- we did find a few but some of them turned out to be not so great. I will elaborate on those later...
I didn't last too long with my hair down- way too much humidity and wind!
This is the wake we left behind!
Another great day with another beautiful sunset!

No comments: