Monday, November 17, 2008
Lasik consultation
I just returned from my Lasik consultation and it went great! It sounds like I am a good candidate so we are going to move forward and see where it takes us. The next step is that I need to stop wearing my contacts for 1 month- ugh! I cringe at the thought of being "four eyes" again but at least I have cute glasses. :) Because I have worn gas permeable contacts for the past 25 years I need to let my eyes rest so that they can go back to their "normal" shape and then the Dr can measure the thickness of my cornea more accurately. If all goes as they think it will I will then be having my procedure sometime in the end of December. Yipee! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That rocks! I remember being your roommate (many moons ago) and getting a few good laughs at your expense over you eyesight. I'm really hoping your glasses you have now are cuter then the ones you had then because 4 weeks is a looooong time! j/k :-)
I had Lasik done several years ago. And it is the best thing! I was nowhere near as blind as you, but I hated wearing glasses and contacts never worked for me. It's awesome and the recovery time is so quick. So good luck! Unlike Buffy, I never laughed at you!! :)
You're gonna love it! Even though I only had one eye done, it's been the best thing! (Just wait though...soon enough you'll still need glasses - reading glasses!) heh
Post a Comment