Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President-elect Barack Obama

I think it will take me awhile to get used to that one... It's not that I loved John McCain but I really did feel like he was up for the job. He is an extremely patriotic man who has been around the block and I felt like he may have had a little more wisdom than Mr. Obama. BUT, the country has spoken and Obama is the man. I am a little concerned as it seems he is a little naive about how to deal with foreign affairs, mainly terrorists, but I will pray for him and hope that he will have good advisers around him to help with this transition. If nothing else I think the country really proved that we really aren't a "racist" nation. I hope that African-Americans will now realize that it is not the color of the skin that is the issue (except for a few morons like the KKK and white supremacists) it is their behavior that sets people off. And as a disclaimer, I am absolutely not trying to stereotype here because we all know there are wonderful, smart, beautiful, successful people of every race, religion, creed and color, it's only the whiners of such that reflect badly on any group. I loved how in McCain's speech he said that he recognized the significance of Obama being the first black president and the "special pride that must be theirs tonight". I too think it is a wonderful thing that we see that ANYONE can achieve their goals if they work hard enough and long enough. I thought McCain conceded with so much class and dignity. I truly believed what he said and know that he will put his support behind Obama and continue to work towards healing this country. I also thought that Obama gave a wonderful acceptance speech. He seemed quite subdued to me and I'm sure the realization of the task ahead of him is quiet daunting. I truly hope that he can deliver on some of the better promises that he made while campaigning.

No comments: