On Friday a bunch of my friends were going to see Twilight at the 10:15 pm show. Because I had some EARLY morning conflicts going on I wasn't able to go with them (I am just getting too old for late nights followed by early mornings- ugh!). I was sad. However, my sweet husband surprised me and took me to an early showing of it! (RAVE) How wonderful is he?! I can't believe that he loves me enough take me to an obvious chic flick on opening day so I wouldn't have to miss out! :) Surprisingly enough, he actually enjoyed the film- REALLY! I think he liked it more than I did to tell you the truth. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, it was entertaining, but the book was WAY better. I thought that some of the movie looked like it had been filmed by teenagers- haha and I'm sorry but the whole "glitter boy" (as referred to by my hubby) was pretty cheesy. That part in the book is just way more descriptive and wonderful and beautiful than it was portrayed in the movie, but hey, I'm just an old woman- what do I know. LOL. Most of the characters were okay for me but I'm not going to lie, Edward just didn't cut it for me. He was cute and all and did a good job I guess, he just wasn't MY version of Edward if ya know what I mean. All in all it was okay though, I will still go and see the next one when it comes out. :)
Now for my rant, there were so many little girls there. I mean little! And I am so frustrated that they are totally pushing this book on the 6th graders at the middle school. According to Roxy, EVERYONE is reading them. Roxy was even talking about it to one of her teachers about how I like the books, yadayada and when Roxy told her teacher I wouldn't let her read them until she is 12 or 13 her teacher was actually bummed for her. Seriously! She is only 11 years old, does she really need all of these ideas in her head about boys?? Like she isn't coming up with enough of it on her own... Ugh! Then, to make things worse, Ashlie's mother takes her to see the movie. Okay, whatever, she has always pushed her to be older than she is anyway. Well Baylie narks on her and tells us that Ashlie had nightmares after seeing the movie. Well, serves you right. Even that part doesn't really bother me as much as the fact that Ashlie then told me she is now reading the book. She said "It's kind of hard to read". I replied, "Well, that is why I told you I didn't want you to read it til you are 12 or 13, it is not appropriate for a 10-year-old". Sigh. It just really bothers me when things like this happen. Fine, so her mom wants to take her to the movie, but I have explained to both her and Roxy time and again how I don't think the book is appropriate for their age yet. She could have told her mom she didn't want to read it yet (not even have to give her a reason), but she chose to read it anyway. I am grateful that Roxy has chosen to be obedient to this request from her mother. I have told her that I am proud of that even though she is getting a lot of peer pressure at school about it... It's just so hard when your kids start making poor choices (and it's their PARENT helping them)- just what can ya do besides pray???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment