Friday, November 28, 2008

Bittersweet

Yesterday, Thanksgiving, was a bittersweet day for me. It was the first Thanksgiving I have not been with my family since the one I missed on my mission 16 years ago- which was also the last Thanksgiving that my mom celebrated with the family. I allowed myself a few moments of bittersweet memories thinking of her and of my grandpa who passed away earlier this year, which was really the reason we didn't get together for Tday this year. I missed him terribly but was also able to reflect and be grateful for all of the wonderful years we had with him, especially the last 2 Tdays that we didn't think he would be with us but was. Thank you HF for all of the great years and memories!

Now, we had a GREAT Tday here at home this year. We had our awesome friends the Steins over and our new friends the Wheelers. We had a houseful and it was perfect- just what I needed! :) We had the most awesome food! EVERYTHING was so yummy and it was great to have all of us pitch in to make it. We had a craft for the kids to do (painting ornaments), games for the adults and the Wheeler's baby Jacob was the hit of the party! Everyone, including the men were fighting over holding the baby. It was so much FUN! I will post pictures later because I think we got some good ones. :) Thanks Shawn, Roxy, Ashlie, Tyler, Baylie, John, Cathy, Jeff, Lindsey, Cory, Joy, Ben, Becca and Jacob- it was a fantastic Thanksgiving and I am so grateful to call you all family and friends!!

No comments: