Monday, November 3, 2008
How to lose weight
How do you lose 8.6 pounds in 1 week?? Diet, exercise and the flu... Ugh!! So last week Shawn and I decided to go back on WW. We have both struggled so much with our weight our whole lives because, let's face it, we both love food! I am an emotional eater... I eat when I'm happy, sad, melancholy, depressed, celebrating, mourning, bored- you get the picture. And not only do I eat for those reasons but I really LOVE good food, which makes me a pretty darn good cook if I am to believe my family and friends. So, over the past few years we have put on some weight. Sigh. Here we go again. I refuse to buy bigger clothes so we are now back to journaling our eating escapades. It's the only thing that really works for me. The thing I love about WW so much is that I can eat whatever I want. My feelings about food do not allow me to feel deprived and be successful simultaneously. I like that if I choose to have my favorite treats I don't have to feel guilty about it. This plan has been very successful for me so I know it will work again this time if I make sure and write down what I am eating. It's so easy to think, "I only had a few of this and a little of that", but it really adds up quick! Anyway, back to what I was saying, we started our changes in eating this week and were doing really dang good if I do say so myself, I was working out and keeping track of my food and feeling really good about things. I knew I was losing weight and was excited for weigh day to come... then I got the Flu on Saturday and OHMYGOODNESS I was SICK!! Wow, I have not been that sick for years! I was actually crying for my mommy locked away in my room I was soooooo sick!! Man, I wanted my mom to come and take care of me, or to die, either way would have worked (of course either way I would have seen her- haha)(I know, morbid- sorry). Needless to say I didn't have anything to eat on Saturday and Sunday was basically a few crackers so when I stepped on the scale this morning I had lost 8.6 pounds. Not bad for my first week- LOL. I just hope it doesn't reflect poorly when I weigh this next week from all the fluid loss from the flu. I will keep my fingers crossed and keep doing my best. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Look at you brave girl...starting a diet during holiday season! Hopefully since Shawn is doing it too, you guys will have lots of luck!
You poor little thing!! I hate throwing up. I am glad that you are better.
Remember to drink your water! Rule of thumb is half your weight in ounces of water. I know you can lose your weight! I've seen you do it! I'm still working on mine, too! I hope your flu passed quickly so you didn't feel like death for too many days! Love ya!
Post a Comment