Happy
and welcome to Mahogany Bay in beautiful Roatan Honduras.
 |
| Soooooo Beautiful!! |


Today was another beach day. (See, I really got what I wanted on this cruise!) We went to Tabyana Beach for the day. The excursion also included a BBQ on the beach. They had hamburgers and hotdogs and fruit. They also had some red beans and rice and BBQ chicken, it was okay but I was kind of disappointed because I would have liked to try more of the traditional food - I can get a hamburger and hotdog at home! Oh well. The beach was beautiful and the water was so clear! It wasn't really as fun as 7 mile beach was because there weren't any waves but the water was warm and the day was beautiful. There were a lot of coral reefs in this area so if you were into snorkeling it might have been fun. I'm not a great swimmer and the water was really shallow over the reefs so I didn't really like it that much. (I cut my leg swimming over some of the coral). Still, I loved being there with my sweetheart and soaking up the sun (yep, got burned this day). I could have done without all of the Europeans there with us sporting their banana hammocks and bikinis on their 80-year-old, droopy, leather-skinned bods - but that's just my opinion. haha.
 |
| I love how the water is so clear that you can see out bodies under the water. |
 |
| Panoramic view that wasn't quite lined up but you get the idea. :) |
 |
| Some of the coral we swam over. |
 |
| Simple gorgeous! |
 |
| I just thought this picture was funny so I had to add it- I do love how the water makes me look thinner! lol |

We walked the beach for awhile after we were done swimming. There was a guy there with this monkey that you could pay to hold. We decided we would just take pictures instead of holing it. :) It was a really cute monkey, it was all lovey dovey with whoever was holding it at the time.
I was trying to be clever here and make it look like Shawn was balancing the rock on his finger. You can see that my eyes still aren't 20/20 because I was off a bit. He did a much better job getting me to balance it....
It was so cool how all of the little fishies would swim right up to you, they weren't afraid at all!
1 comment:
Looks like a trip of a lifetime! You got some fantastic pictures. I want to go back!!
Post a Comment