Monday, March 12, 2012

WCC Day 3 - Grand Cayman

Today was our first port - GRAND CAYMAN! For some security reason they didn't really go into we were not able to dock at the pier so they had to ferry us over on the life boats. It all went pretty smoothly for something that was unplanned so it really boosted my confidence that we would be able to get off the ship alive if anything untoward were to happen (i.e.costa cruise idiots).
Isn't this water so amazingly blue? LOVE IT!
This was to be our first beach day. Doesn't look very promising does it? It was still about 70 degrees outside even with the clouds - thank goodness or I would have been so sad. The clouds continued to drift in and out the entire day but never really caused a problem.

Can't wait to hit the water!

We did an excursion to Seven Mile Beach and it was DIVINE! Seriously! It was everything I had hoped for and more! The beach was gorgeous and the water was great! Because of the storm that had been chasing us there were some really gnarly waves and we had a blast!!! This really was probably the MOST FUN day of the cruise for me.

Exactly how I had imagined a Caribbean beach!

Don't we just look like we are having so much fun!! That's because WE WERE!


Love this guy SO much!!

YES I DO!!  :)
 This is Shawn seeing how far out he can swim. He is CRAZY in the water! I, on the other hand, am a BIG CHICKEN. (Remember this for a later post...).

The waves were CRAZY this day! Seriously, SO. MUCH. FUN!!

See where the chairs are... some of the waves were so big they would go clear up to those chairs and get everyone wet. It was HILARIOUS!

 The water was so amazingly clear. I love how it changes color depending on the cloud cover.



My HOT hubby :)

Happy Girl! (Wearing the pretty bracelet my hot hobby got me for my bday)

No comments: