Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Grand Prize Boy

Yesterday we got a pleasant surprise... Ok, I have to back up and give the background first. :) A few weeks ago Tyler participated in the Science Fair at school. He worked really hard on his project and I was just glad to get it done. The night of the Fair when they gave the awards we were not able to attend because Shawn was working, Tyler had Blue and Gold Banquet for Scouts and I had Parent-Teacher Conference for Ashlie. I sent Tyler to B&G with a friend and went to PTC with Ashlie and then afterwards we just ran over to the school quick to pick up his project so they wouldn't throw it away. We got there for the very end of the prizes but they weren't using a microphone and the room was crowded so we couldn't even hear anything they were saying. Ash and I just grabbed Tyler's stuff and brought it home for him and that was kind of the end of that. Well, YESTERDAY Tyler comes home from school with a trophy, a medal and the big purple Grand Prize Ribbon for his science project! Apparently the science teacher had been out of school with a sick son and was just now getting the prize to Tyler. I couldn't believe it, I was so darn pleased for him! Our kids have been doing the science fair for the past 4 years and this is the first time any of them have won. Wow, what a great way for Tyler to leave 5th grade! :)

1 comment:

Peaceful Mommy Kayleen said...

How cool is that? Good job Tyler! What was his project about?