Update: Well, shockingly I was in the top 3 women overall. Way to go Tirsa and Erica- the first 2... And of course, way to go to Shawn for winning March and Overall for the men!
I've always thought that was so funny on the show- such an oxymoron for most things in life. lol
Well, I'm not even going to wait for the results tonight because I know I didn't win- might not even be in the top 3- but hey, if I was competing against myself only I would have rocked! :) Since January 4th I have lost 26.7 pounds- that is 10.34% of my body weight. I have increased my workout ability by double, almost triple and I can feel muscles- yes MUSCLES, underneath the fat that still needs to go bye, bye. So all in all I have done great. I am really happy with the changes we have made in our family. Our eating habits have improved drastically and like I said I am avid in my workouts now- I just don't feel as good when I don't do them! Shawn has totally rocked and I am 99.9% sure that he has won the BL contest- for both the month and overall (he won last month for the guys also). He has lost 44 pounds! I am so proud of him! I am trying to be proud of myself too but when you work so hard for something and don't see exactly the results you want it's kind of disappointing... I'm moving on from that now- no more talking about it *zip*.
I'm really glad that we did this contest, it really helped to jumpstart us in being more healthy. For us this was a lifestyle change- this will not be something that is going to go by the wayside now that there's no cash prize involved. We know we have to keep doing it together otherwise it would not work. I was kind of disappointed in how it all panned out though. Initially when we joined the BL group the idea was for us to meet together once a month to congratulate the monthly winners and help support each other by talking about what worked and what didn't. Well, we met the first month- only 6 of us (out of like 35 people). Because of the low turnout (I guess that's the reason) the second month we didn't meet at all and here we are in the finals and we won't be meeting also. It would have been nice to be able to get together to see the progress that everyone has made! Oh well. I guess the important thing is the progress WE have made. I want to thank all of my friends who have been so supportive to us and continually ask how we are doing. It really helps to have accountability! :) I hope you will continue to support us as we are not through with this journey yet- I know I still have a long way to go to be where I want to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am proud of you!
Don't be sad that you didn't win- you are freaky awesome!!! That is a huge amount to lose and you need to proud of yourself!! Congrats to Shawn- that is amazing to lose 44lbs. (He just barely beat me.) :)
You both have done so well and I'm glad that its had a great impact in your family. :)
I am SOOO super proud of what you have been able to accomplish! It really takes commitment and dedication to keep going, so I applaud you for that! You WIN in my book, love! Keep up the awesome progress and update us again SOON!
Post a Comment