Thursday, September 24, 2009

Branching out

So, now that all of the new shows are starting for the fall line-up, Shawn and I decided that we really need to branch out from our usual shows - cold case/criminal minds/bones/csi- you know, the gruesome/serial killer shows- and try a few more light-hearted shows on for size. Not that we haven't enjoyed these in the past but it just seems like for the past few years our fave shows have been a little on the "darker" side of life. So last night we watched Cougar Town-- OMG-- we laughed SO DANG HARD!! Probably a totally inappropriate show but at the same time so dang FUNNY! And... it was so nice to laugh instead of cringe- lol. SO, not that I am trying to pull anyone over to the "inappropriate" side here, but if you are an "approaching 40-year-old woman" such as myself- UGH!!- then this show will definitely make you laugh!

And since we're on the subject of funny, somewhat inappropriate humor- if you haven't seen YES man, then you need to. I will warn that there is one part that REALLY didn't need to be in there (I mean REALLY!), but aside from that (am I justifying too much here???) it is one of the funniest movies I've seen in a very long time...

1 comment:

Kris said...

That's funny because I tried to watch Cougartown and...I don't know...maybe I'm not the right age? However Modern Family about made me fall right off the couch. Love love LOVE the latin girl and that dad that had to "shoot" his son...ha ha.