Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's been awhile...

I know it's been awhile since I posted. It's not for lack of things to say, just haven't taken the time to do it. We had a great summer with the kids and now they are all back in school and doing well- well, mostly well... There always seem to be a few kinks in the beginning just getting them back into the groove of school.

Roxy decided not to take Orchestra again this year. I think she really liked playing the violin but she really didn't like the teacher at the school- I didn't care for him either so I was ok with her decision to quit because she is still taking piano. She is taking Ceramics and Family and Consumer Science (home ec) instead and she is loving both of those classes.

Ashlie was hoping to take guitar this year but because the school is so OVERCROWDED they had to drop it from the 6th grade curriculum- she was really bummed. I can't believe I have two middle school kids- ugh!! :) Ash is in the honors language arts class and is loving it! She decided to quit piano this year, which is fine because she still takes dance and loves it.

Tyler is in 5th grade this year- holy cow!! He has a tough teacher that is great for him. He is working SO HARD to get good grades this year and is doing AWESOME! Tyler has started piano this year also and he really has quite a knack for it. He is catching on quick and his piano teacher loves teaching him. He also wants to play basketball again this year.

Baylie is in the 2nd grade and loves her teacher Ms. Young. She is doing well so far and has lots of friends. Baylie is also taking dance and has a penchant for dramatics. Hearing her re-tell an experience is hilarious- you hear way more than you want usually. LOL

I just love all 4 of my kids so much! They are fantastic and we always have so much fun together. I feel like quite the lucky mom! :)

2 comments:

KrisJ said...

Glad its going good! I hear ya with the slow start with school schedules getting going.. think we are finally getting it down!

Peaceful Mommy Kayleen said...

Fun to hear about your kids, and that's a cute picture. :) Do you have your kids full time? DOH - I just realized I don't think I ever replied to your email. I'm a dork.