Saturday, September 26, 2009
New Attitude
Lately I have noticed a shift in my attitude and I have to say I am much more relaxed and probably more pleasant to be around. :) I have always been a bit of a planner- I do much better when I know about things a couple of weeks in advance. This has mostly been a positive thing, especially when Shawn and I got married and blended our families together. It took a lot of planning and effort to keep our schedule, his schedule, and his ex-wife's schedule straight and make sure things were functioning well around all of the scheduling conflicts. Lately, however, I started to get pretty grumpy when things kept popping up pretty much at the spur of the moment and it was REALLY stressing me out! I had mentioned this to my friend and was griping about how especially all of the church-related things were driving me crazy and how it was just easier to not make the kids go to all of them. In a very kind and loving way she responded that she could see my frustration but that her feeling was the more spiritual experiences the kids got to have the better prepared they would be for the world. I am sad to say I hadn't really thought of it in that perspective. I was just being selfish with my time and it wasn't benefiting any of us. SO, I have since changed my attitude about it and it really has worked out much better! I have not been stressing about it as much and have still managed to get them to all of the activities they are involved in and get the girls (meaning Ash and Bay) to where they need to be also. I think my kids are starting to enjoy the new less-stressed-out mom and I have to say SO AM I! :) (Thanks MB, you are a true friend!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment