Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The good and the bad

Today I got a phone call from Tyler's teacher. She called to tell me that he had forgotten to do his math homework last night but he did hurry and did it before class so she only took off partial points for being late. I know he had an exciting day yesterday starting piano (which he was so excited to do!) and then he also came home with a book from the library that he couldn't put down because it was "SO GOOD!" So I know it was just an oversight on his part about the homework. I always appreciate these calls from teachers though because then I know what I need to focus on with my kids. During the course of the call she also told me that she really enjoyed having Tyler in her class. She said he is a really neat kid and has a "special place in her heart"- which just made me want to burst with pride! She said that Tyler is always so shy and quite but she knows he has a lot to say and things that others need to hear so she is encouraging him to open up and share those things in class. She said he is really smart when he tries- which is exactly what I always tell him too. It was just really nice to have his teacher say those things about him after just a few weeks of school. Last year was such a disaster that I have been totally stressing about this year but so far I think it's starting off well! :)

No comments: