Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Sweet Roxann

Last night Roxann kept coming into the kitchen asking me these odd questions:

"Mom, are you 28?" - "Sure! I'll be 28!" LOL "Oh yeah, you're 38, I forgot"

A few minutes later she comes back in. "Mom, so were you born in 1800 something?" Nice. "Um, I'm not quite that old. You're dad was born in the 1800's though." LOL "No, really, I was born in 1971."

So after all of this my curiosity got the better of me and I followed her to the computer where she was typing away. It turns out she was supposed to pick someone she admired and write about them and she picked me! Awww, so sweet! I thought it was really cute so I wanted to share. Also, I can pull it out when she is mad at me to remind her that at one time she really did look up to me - :).

My mom

Hi, do you want to know about my mom? Well, if you do you are reading the right paragraph. If you don't you are reading the wrong book. The first paragraph will be about why she married my dad. The second paragraph will be why I picked her and a little bit of information about her. The third is her job and her birthday. The fourth is how she helps and some dialogue. The fifth is the conclusion.
(I love how she describes exactly what she will be writing about- cracks me up!)

Do you want to know why my mom married my dad? Well, here I go. She married my dad because she loved him and she felt that he was the right man for her. I think she is very happy. She picked him because he stood out from the crowd. They met online and then saw each other at Wendy's.

I picked her because she does a lot for me and is always there for me when I need her. There is a lot about her. When I need someone to take me to swimming practice she's always there to take me. She is always there to guide me through my troubles. There is so much to say but so little time.

Guess what? She is a massage therapist and she is glad to massage you! She also works as a medical transcriptionist. She had a lot of jobs back in the past. I know some. There is: Taco Time and she worked at a car dealership answering phones and collecting money.

Boy does my mom help! She helps the most in my house. I am very surprised that she never gives up. She took me to the movies and we saw Coraline, which was super fun. She always said "Don't be late for school!" Whenever my mom cleans she turns on the music.

Thanks for reading my story about my mom, she is great! I hope your mom is as cool as mine. But my mom will always be the best mother I will ever meet.

So cute! I get a little misty just reading it. I hope she always thinks I'm the best mom! Love you Roxy girl!


3 comments:

Marni said...

*sniff* That's so sweet! She must be learning how to write with the paragraph that explains what's coming up! What a sweetheart!

alison said...

that's really sweet! i'm glad you have such a great relationship with Rox.

i remember nathan wrote something with our ages on it for school. we didn't know anything about it till we saw it displayed in the hallways at school. lol!

the funny facers said...

Shelly you are a wonderful mom!!! Your kids are so cute. I miss all of you guys. I am glad you had a good birthday!