As you can see from the picture, it is quite a creepy looking book. So I finally asked, "Who's creepy looking book is this?" And Roxy passionately says "Oh mom, this is the BEST book! I just love it!" Wow, she had never said that about a book before so I was intrigued. I told her that if it was that good I should read it too. So, being the sweetheart that she is, she checked it out of the school library again so that I could read it. Well, it was not at all what I expected her to like. I had no idea Roxy was that twisted- LOL. Anyway, it was creepy and entertaining so when I saw the movie was coming out I vowed to take her to it since she had loved the book so much. So, back to our date. We finally got to go and see it and I have really mixed feelings about it... I must say the animation is wonderful and the effects were really cool. I can only imagine that it was super cool in 3D. However- I didn't like it when Coraline started using the G*d word. I sure don't remember THAT from the book. I mean, was that really necessary?? Then there is one part where these two old ladies are putting on a show. The fat one is dressed in this sort of viking mermaid costume- not attractive- even for a cartoon character. Then, the BIG chested one comes out wearing only tassles and a G-string. What the heck?? Like kids (or anyone for that matter) need to see a practically naked, old, huge bazoonkad woman! Gag! Now, I know Tim Burton is twisted and all but seriously, this show is supposed to attract kids! Anyway, to be fair, Roxy loved it (again, I had no idea she had this dark side-lol) but I personally was glad that Baylie wasn't there. I think it would give her nightmares. In fact Roxy told me today that one of her friends that saw it said she had bad dreams last night, and she's almost 12... Yeah, me too. (haha)
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Coraline
Yesterday being a holiday we decided to take Roxy and Tyler on a date. So Shawn took Tyler to see Paul Blart; Mall Cop and I took Roxy to see Coraline. Now, I have to back up a little bit here. A few months ago I kept seeing this very odd book around the house.
As you can see from the picture, it is quite a creepy looking book. So I finally asked, "Who's creepy looking book is this?" And Roxy passionately says "Oh mom, this is the BEST book! I just love it!" Wow, she had never said that about a book before so I was intrigued. I told her that if it was that good I should read it too. So, being the sweetheart that she is, she checked it out of the school library again so that I could read it. Well, it was not at all what I expected her to like. I had no idea Roxy was that twisted- LOL. Anyway, it was creepy and entertaining so when I saw the movie was coming out I vowed to take her to it since she had loved the book so much. So, back to our date. We finally got to go and see it and I have really mixed feelings about it... I must say the animation is wonderful and the effects were really cool. I can only imagine that it was super cool in 3D. However- I didn't like it when Coraline started using the G*d word. I sure don't remember THAT from the book. I mean, was that really necessary?? Then there is one part where these two old ladies are putting on a show. The fat one is dressed in this sort of viking mermaid costume- not attractive- even for a cartoon character. Then, the BIG chested one comes out wearing only tassles and a G-string. What the heck?? Like kids (or anyone for that matter) need to see a practically naked, old, huge bazoonkad woman! Gag! Now, I know Tim Burton is twisted and all but seriously, this show is supposed to attract kids! Anyway, to be fair, Roxy loved it (again, I had no idea she had this dark side-lol) but I personally was glad that Baylie wasn't there. I think it would give her nightmares. In fact Roxy told me today that one of her friends that saw it said she had bad dreams last night, and she's almost 12... Yeah, me too. (haha)
As you can see from the picture, it is quite a creepy looking book. So I finally asked, "Who's creepy looking book is this?" And Roxy passionately says "Oh mom, this is the BEST book! I just love it!" Wow, she had never said that about a book before so I was intrigued. I told her that if it was that good I should read it too. So, being the sweetheart that she is, she checked it out of the school library again so that I could read it. Well, it was not at all what I expected her to like. I had no idea Roxy was that twisted- LOL. Anyway, it was creepy and entertaining so when I saw the movie was coming out I vowed to take her to it since she had loved the book so much. So, back to our date. We finally got to go and see it and I have really mixed feelings about it... I must say the animation is wonderful and the effects were really cool. I can only imagine that it was super cool in 3D. However- I didn't like it when Coraline started using the G*d word. I sure don't remember THAT from the book. I mean, was that really necessary?? Then there is one part where these two old ladies are putting on a show. The fat one is dressed in this sort of viking mermaid costume- not attractive- even for a cartoon character. Then, the BIG chested one comes out wearing only tassles and a G-string. What the heck?? Like kids (or anyone for that matter) need to see a practically naked, old, huge bazoonkad woman! Gag! Now, I know Tim Burton is twisted and all but seriously, this show is supposed to attract kids! Anyway, to be fair, Roxy loved it (again, I had no idea she had this dark side-lol) but I personally was glad that Baylie wasn't there. I think it would give her nightmares. In fact Roxy told me today that one of her friends that saw it said she had bad dreams last night, and she's almost 12... Yeah, me too. (haha)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just heard the other day that someone didn't like it at all and told me that I should not take the kids to see it. Not that I would anyway- I think it looked really creepy from the previews.
Post a Comment