Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Stupid people
So tonight I took my kids over to the school to get their science projects entered. When we were ready to leave I had just got everyone tucked safely in the car and turned the ignition when I felt this jolt - "What the..." At first I thought maybe I had jumped the clutch but as I checked my rear-view mirror I see the tail lights slowing moving away from my car and start to drive off. I honked my horn and quickly hopped out of the car to memorize the license plate number because I really thought the culprit was going to drive away. However, the woman pulled into a parking space and did get out to assess the damage. There were no marks on her Toyota Sequoia but there was a scratch on my BRAND NEW CAR!!!! Dangit Lady! I was nice about it, didn't yell or cuss her out or anything, just got out my cell and called Shawn who very unhappily told me to call the police and get a report. Well, the woman was TOTALLY put out by this. Well, excuse me, I am TOTALLY put out that you scratched up my BRAND NEW CAR!!! Grrrr.... So while we're waiting for the police to get there I had Ashlie call her mom to let her know she would be late getting to her house because someone backed into our car. Of course Trudy did not listen to all of Ashlie's explanation and started yelling at her and freaking out so then Ashlie is bawling hysterically - THAT was helpful- NOT! I was finally able to calm her down and get her to tell her mom exactly what I said so her mother would stop freaking out over nothing. I know she was just worried about her but good grief- she is 10 years old and the woman was screaming at her on the phone because she didn't understand what she meant. DUH! So then the police came and looked at the car and said to the woman "So you backed into her car" (statement, not question) and the woman had the audacity to say we were both backing out! HELLO, I was NOT backing out! The only time my car moved was when she hit it! Of course I set the record straight on that one -Seriously, people are SO rude! Then the police woman asks if we just wanted a report and I said "Yes" and the woman gets all snotty and says, "(huff) I just thought we would exchange information...". Yeah well, maybe in the OLD car we would have but not in my BRAND NEW CAR!! Anyway, the police took our info and made a report. They never even asked me what happened so I asked if they needed my side of the story and they said - "well, she backed into you didn't she?" "Yes." "That's the story she gave us too, so when one car is parked and hit we just treat it as an unoccupied vehicle and we don't need a statement from you". Hmm, okay, well, thanks. SO, at least the unhappy rude woman finally did the right thing and told the truth. I mean, gosh, I was so nice to her even after she hit MY car. The least she could do is be apologetic. Ugh! Stupid people bug me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i think when we are honest we expect everyone else to be so too. sad truth is its just not so.
Post a Comment