So today my little red beast was laid to rest.
The day started out as any other, busy with a hint of sunshine. We had planned to take the little red car to get a front end alignment. It had been pulling to the right and running not quite like itself, so we thought it would help it feel better to get some attention. Well, the news was not good. We got a call from the shop telling us they could not do an alignment unless we got new brakes and rotors (Uh, we just did that 3 years ago!), Oh, and also ma'am I'm really sorry to tell you that the back shocks are shot and the spring is busted and BTW it'll cost around $1700 dollars to do all this work that needs to be done. OH MY... That is not quite what I had in mind today. The $100 I had budgeted just is not going to cover the cost- what am I going to do?? Hmmm, I guess I'll just have to buy a new car because I cannot be driving around in a road hazard that will kill me and my children when the rod breaks while I'm cruising down the highway.
Yep, that's pretty close to how my day went. Now mind you, this was NOT in the plan for another 2 years let alone the last 2 hours. *Sigh* This could not have happened at a worse time! The basement just absolutely sucked us dry and now this??? *Bigger Sigh* Well, what can ya do? It's funny because Roxy keeps asking us if we are poor (I'm sure it's because she has heard us griping about the money-sucking basement). "Of course not honey, we're just broke- there is a difference". LOL So anyway today I got me a new car. A cute little (well, bigger than the escort) Kia Optima that is a really cool color- Metallic Bronze. I do love it, I just was not ready for another car payment. It's kind of bittersweet... Little red beast has been with us since Roxy was 3... Goodbye little red beast- you were a great little car, thanks for all of your service. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment