Thursday, January 15, 2009
An interesting experience...
Those of you who have spent any time around me have heard me talk about massage and how I can feel people's energy. I have mentioned before that if I don't "ground" myself properly before a massage I have taken on other's pains (I will literally have the same pain in the same place as my client). It's odd I know, but it is true and any massage therapist will back up my story. :) Anyway, the hardest massage to get properly grounded for is usually the first one because you are just getting to know someones body and energy. I even have a hard time sticking to the allotted time frame on a first massage because I am working so hard to feel what my client needs. I love being able to do this and I have truly felt that it is a gift. In the past I have had clients with special needs (ms, depression, fibromyalgia) that I have really been able to feel and it's quite astounding. Well, yesterday I had a cancer survivor client come for the first time. This person is amazing in what they went through and I completely admire them! As I was working on this client I could totally feel what their body had gone through! OMGosh, it was - WOW. I could feel the affects of the chemotherapy... Whew, just talking about it I am feeling it again. After my client left (feeling wonderful- YAY!) I started really feeling it. My hands and arms were numb and felt like jelly! I haven't ever had that happen before- ever! It took all night to finally release all of the energy I had taken on. I was sighing all night and brushing myself off and trying to get feeling back in my hands. This morning when I woke up I finally felt back to normal. It was crazy! I now know that I need to ground myself much better so that doesn't happen again. It was a very interesting experience and it just reaffirmed to me what I am doing is good and helpful and necessary! I love being able to be a part of the healing process! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is the most interesting thing I have heard. I did not know that. I am glad that there are people like you who help so many of us. I don't know where I'd be without my massage therapist- she has saved my back pain.
Wow! You've never told me that! I think that is one of the amazing things about massage--how you really do connect with the person you're working on. Even if they don't chatter up a storm like me. :)
Wow...that's amazing! Makes me wonder what you felt when I was the "massag-ee".
Agreed. That is pretty amazing.
Post a Comment