Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The best Christmas ever!

I have been meaning to post for a few days but my slavedriver husband (LOL) has been keeping me busy painting the basement and picking out carpet. This year we had the BEST Christmas! We both agreed that it was the best one since we ourselves were kids. For the first time since our marriage we got to have the girls for Christmas and that in itself explains a lot. Also my dad was here for the week of Christmas and he hasn't been out for a year and half so that was lots of fun also. We were woken up on Christmas morning at 7:00 sharp (that's when we told the kids they could get up- I know, we're mean-haha) by a chorus of 4 little voices yelling "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" It was a beautiful sound! They waited somewhat patiently for mom and dad to brush our teeth and then for dad to go downstairs and turn on the Christmas tree lights. They were all so excited and it was so much fun to watch them open their presents. They all got at least 1 thing they wanted and seemed to be very happy with it all. It was so great to have my dad here also. He has been alone since my mom passed away almost 16 years ago now and he doesn't decorate for Christmas and he won't spent Christmas eve at anyone's house so this was a wonderful treat to have him here at ours! Santa left him a stocking and a pile of presents and I know he really enjoyed himself. In the early afternoon we went and saw a movie (Bedtime Stories- it was great!) with our dear friends the Steins and that was fun too. Afterwards we came home and played games, ate Christmas ham and we all shared what our best part of Christmas was. It was so wonderful to hear our kids say that the best part of their day was spending time together and having Grandpa there, not one of them said it was the presents- even though they loved them. :) It was just such a fabulous day I cannot say it enough!

2 comments:

the funny facers said...

I didn't know you had a blog or I would have read it often. I am excited to keep in touch with you and your family too!! I am gland you are doing well, love ya

Holyoak Family said...

What a great Christmas! I am so glad your dad was there! I can't believe it has been 16 years since your mom passed. We are getting old.
What's up with brushing your teeth before presents??? Check out our blog to see that we were much worse on the out of bed thing! Love ya Brett