Yesterday was my final exam to make sure I am still a good candiate for lasik and -woowho- I am! So, Friday is the big day. What?? This Friday?? Yep, that's what I said. They waste no time there once you are approved. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. They gave me a list of things you can't do after lasik, such as: No exercise for 1 day. Cool! Now I will actually have a good excuse not to exercise for a day (are you sure it's only 1 day??)- LOL. No eye makeup for 2 weeks- this one is going to be hard! I'm sure I will look like a raccoon for a couple of weeks because of the dark circles I try so hard to cover with makeup- blah. No swimming for at least 3 weeks- No problem, who wants to swim in frigid weather anyway? No hot tubs, steam rooms or bath tubs for 3 weeks. This one will also be hard as I love my bubble baths. No contact sports for 3 months- aww man! No more mud wrestling for me for awhile- Haha. No direct water pressure on eyes for 3 weeks. Put the pressure hose away honey, no more water fights for awhile. :) So anyway, the day is fast approaching that I will no longer be "Four eyes" or "Coke Bottle Glasses" (Okay, I'm having flashbacks to my childhood). The funny thing is Shawn told me I will have to get a "fake" pair of glasses because he likes the way I look in them. He calls me Sarah Palin- LOL. I thought boys didn't make passes at girls who wear glasses- WRONG! :)
Keep your fingers crossed for me! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good Luck!! I guess this will be a wonderful Christmas for you- no waking and putting glasses on!! :)
YAY! You're going to LOVE it! Even though I only had to have ONE eye done, it's a WORLD of difference! (Though I still use a funky pair of computer glasses when I'm on the computer for a long time!) Can't wait to hear!
You will love it! Just remember to take your tylenol Pm with you and get some serious sleep as soon as you get home. Atleast 4 hours. Keeping your eyes closed for that long with allow the healing to work and you won't feel any pain. Can't wait to hear how it all goes for you. I'm sure Shawn will think you are sexy in your protective eyewear you have to wear at night for a week!
Post a Comment