Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Jim Brickman concert
Last night we were able to attend the Jim Brickman concert with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra. Our friends the Kline's planned it and our friends the Copple's and us went along for the ride. :) We had a great time. The concert was wonderful and getting there was an adventure! First we went to eat at Madaggio's. Thanks to Chris's insight we had reservations so were able to walk right in. Then the waiting began. It took forever to actually get our food. I'm not sure if that was actually due to our waiter or if they are just slow anyway. The food was pretty good but not any better than several other Italian restaurants I can think of. Well, by the time we got our food we really were dissed by our waiter. He dropped us for a table full of females that came in. It was virtually impossible to get his attention and we finally had to flag down a manager to get our check so we could get out of there. By the time we finally got out it was already 7:25, with the concert starting at 7:30. We were parked several blocks away hoping to take the mall bus over to the theater. But, of course, there were no buses to be found! We ended up walking the whole way. All of us women were wearing high heel boots, not really suitable for walking a long distance very fast on icy sidewalks. Fortunately none of us slipped! :) Poor Audrie is experiencing her first winter out of Arizona and was only wearing a light jacket. She was practically frozen by the time we reached the theater! Alas, we finally made it but when we got to our seats they were already taken- what the heck was that all about! The usher lady kept telling us they had double booked some seats. There were quite a few open, why in the world would they do that? Anyway, we actually found a group of seats that we could all sit together even a little bit closer so it turned out okay in our favor. :) Jim Brickman of course did a fantastic job. He is always so much fun to watch and listen to. So entertaining. It brought back a lot of memories for me. I used to listen to his CD when I was pregnant with Roxy to help me relax. Then, when my kids were little it was their lullaby CD. His music is just so soothing, all is right in the world when Jim plays. :) I think the last concert of his I went to was like in 1995. Sadly, I remember who my date was but not which friends I went with, LOL. Anyhoo, it was a marvelous evening with great friends. Thanks Chris for putting that together, we had a fantastic time! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My pleasure. Glad you came. :-)
Post a Comment