Monday, December 22, 2008

I CAN SEE!!

Yes, that's right folks, I can see! Without glasses or contacts. It's amazing! My lasik was on Friday and it went really well. Really, the worst part is all of the waiting beforehand. From the time I got there until the time I left was 2 hr. 15 minutes and the procedure was the last 10 minutes. I swear they just do that to up your anxiety level- ugh! I kept asking when they were going to bring out the Valium- LOL. The procedure itself was pretty funky. Shawn wanted to watch so I had them open the blinds for him. He said he almost passed out but felt like he had to keep watching to support me- what a goofball! I wouldn't have even know. It's not like he could be in there holding my hand or anything, but I do appreciate the sweet thought. :) After they put the speculum on your eye to hold it open, they put on this suction cup that makes everything go black while they laser cuts the flap, after that I could actually see what they were doing on my eye- it was REALLY weird. Of course I was a little bit shell-shocked afterwards. When I got up off the table I could read the clock on the wall but it was like looking through water. The nurse told me that was normal and to go home and go to sleep for a couple of hours. So I took my friend Sara's advice and took some Tylenol pm, slept on the hour ride home and then went directly to bed. 3 hours later when I woke up I was amazed at how good I could see! I went back the next morning for my postop exam and my right eye was 20/25 and my left eye was 20/30 with both eyes seeing 20/20 together. He said they will continue to get better as they heal. It is still a little bit of work to focus on things, especially the computer and reading a book but it is improving every day and I am so excited! I still try to take off my glasses at night when I go to bed and put them on when I get up in the morning, just out of habit. Shawn laughs at me of course but who wouldn't. :) Anyway, I am so thankful I was able to have this done. It has been a great experience so far!

2 comments:

Holyoak Family said...

Congratulations! I can't believe how easy that seemed! Now maybe YOU can see those tiny pictures of the kids you send me every Christmas!!!!! JK
Love ya Brett

Sara said...

Yeah I am so glad it all went well. I know I have enjoyed the freedome for the last 4 years!
My mom bought me that "great and terrible" series for my b-day last year. It is really really good. I know you will enjoy them. I have 4 is there more than that now? The ideas brought to light, really got me thinking and seeing things in a whole new view!
Well I love you and miss you and hope you guys had a great Christmas. Sari