Okay I'm not exactly sure how to classify myself. I get to stay at home but I am not really a stay at home mom, I am a WORK at home mom. Sometimes I think people just don't get it. Not that true stay-at-home moms don't have plenty of work to do but I really do have a JOB at home. My dear, sweet husband (who will remain nameless- haha) is really a wonderful and supportive man but I know he thinks all I do is sit around all day and read. He would be wrong. Last night he was telling me all of the things I "should" do today. I said "Dear, I know you think all I do all day is sit around and eat bon bons but I can assure you I haven't had one bon bon today". We laughed, but seriously! Even Tyler said, "Mom if you get bored you can always call your friends to do something with" (he naively worries about me being home alone). Oh son, I would love to do that but I am so NOT bored. Ever. So I decided to make a list of all the things I did yesterday and have done so far today so that "others" can see I really am busy.
MONDAY
Woke up at 6:30, got Roxy up, showered and got ready for the day
Made all the kids lunches
7:45 Took Roxy to school, got Baylie and other kids ready for school
8:45 Took Tyler to school after Trudy picked up the girls
9:00 Went visiting teaching
10:15-12:45 Worked transcription job
Had 30 minute lunch and read book
1:15 Made spreadsheet to keep track of transcription (I get paid by the character so I have to have a way to track what they owe me), took 1 1/2 hours
2:50 Picked Roxy up from school, talked to her about her day, looked at her new violin
3:35 Picked Tyler up from school, talked to him about his day
4:00 Folded the 5 loads of laundry done throughout the day
5:15 Got kids dinner
6-7:00- Went to Roxy's back to school night
TUESDAY
6:30 Woke up, got Roxy up, showered, made Roxy's lunch
7:30 Woke up rest of the kids, made their lunches, got ready for the day
8:35 Took the kids to the bus stop
9:00 Worked out (for the first time in FOREVER!), read book for 20 minutes
10-12:30 Worked transcription job
12:30-1:00 Ate lunch and read book
1:00- Talked to friend about a massage gig in October ;)
1:15-2:00- Made jam from grapes from our garden
2:00-2:30- prepared casserole for dinner tonight
2:30-2:55 Vacuumed and prepared massage room (I had to dismantle it when my sis came to visit)
3:00 blogged about how unappreciated I am :) LOL
And I still have a massage scheduled tonight at 6:30- I'm not done yet!
So see, I don't think I'm so much of a slacker. I don't spend anymore time reading (or what some folks might call "wasting time") then "others" spend browsing the Internet - haha. I haven't been bored once today and, again, I haven't had any bon bons (although I wouldn't mind having some).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Amen sister! Robb doesn't really "get it" till I go to women's conference every year and then it always becomes a little clearer.
Say it isn't so! You made Canned AND a Casserole in the same day? I might have to start calling you "Molly!" hehe :) Me too! (But not the jam thing, wouldn't know the first thing!) LOVE YOU - you WORK at home Mom!
Your days sound a lot like mine. I have had this same conversation with my husband. Even though I would love to have days where I don't have to work and I can just stay at home and eat bon bons and read- I like working, so I do it.
I hear ya! I've been trying to clean my boys room for a week now. I've waited til they started school so I can start throwing things away. Are you going to do the October gig?
So did the people who needed to see this post, get a chance to read it?
There always seems to be something that I can or should do in my day.
Post a Comment