Monday, August 18, 2008

I can't believe she's in middle school!

Holy Cow, I can't believe Roxy is in middle school! Today was a very hard day for me dropping her off at the middle school. I think it was harder than kindergarten! Man, they grow up so fast! I took Roxy over to the school this morning and I was so worried about leaving her there all by herself (I know, I'm pathetic), but just as we got there she spotted her friend Marissa walking down the sidewalk. As soon as they saw each other they ran up to each other hugging and squealing, it was cute and I was no longer afraid to leave her. :) I was so glad she had her friend. I picked her up after school also and she was excited to tell me about her day. She has one teacher that she said is kind of crazy and won't take any crap from the students (I've heard about her already but I wanted Roxy to make her own judgements about her). I think she is willing to give the teacher a try. Roxy is usually so sweet and tries so hard I don't think she will have any major problems with her... (I hope). She said she doesn't have any friends in any of her classes but there is a girl she met today named Mary Jane that has all her same classes so I guess they became friends. Ugh, this is just such a big deal! I still remember what it was like going to middle school and that's why I worry. This is when kids (particularly girls) get really mean and catty and she just has such a tender heart. *sigh* I know, I lived through it, so will she. :)

5 comments:

KrisJ said...

I am soo not ready for that day to come. Luckily I still have a year! So scary, but I hope she has a great year!

alison said...

its hard b/c you know there will be the nights when you share a box of kleenex. but at the same time its such an exciting stage of life. i was talking to nathan a bit about this friday (as this is his last year of elementary)--saying that feelings start to change, people change, but we just still be friendly and do our best in school. kind of sad for me b/c all my kids will never be in the same school. oh well, such is life.

Marni said...

No Freakin' WAY! (OK...that's the Rhode Island in me coming out!) Roxy is in MIDDLE SCHOOL? No Freakin' WAY! Just the other day she was a little bitty thing playing with me on the floor when you were out with your "then" hubby! Wow...I know I didn't get any older! :)

The Toy Guru said...

I am not looking forward to middle school at all. As long as she has good girl friends to pal around with...she will do great. And it sounds like she already has found some!! Go Roxy!!

Brandie Lyon said...

I feel your pain! Jake wouldn't let me walk him in. He has no classes with his friends either. He says he still likes it though. I too remember those years so well, that's why I would love to just keep him home with me. But that's not the real world is it?