Sunday, August 24, 2008
Denver mayor
I'm just watching the 10:00 news and can't believe (well I really can) what a putz Denver Mayor Hickenlooper is. He was yammering on about what a great thing the DNC is and how everything is going so smoothly yada, yada, yada. He said- "the biggest problem we've seen so far is that the buses couldn't get through down the 16th street mall because there were so many people there. Wow, isn't that great! Lot of people in Denver- yay!" Okay I was paraphrasing there but that is the gist of what he said. At the time I was thinking, hmm, that's not what Shawn told me was going on. He had told me that the protesters were blocking the buses down there. Then, a few minutes later another reporter was talking about the protests and how the anarchy groups protesting down the 16th street mall were blocking the buses. Doesn't sound so great to me Mr. Mayor. What a moron! To be honest, I have never been impressed with him, in fact I don't like him at all and this little "episode" of painting over an issue and making it seem "wonderful" just proves why I don't like or trust him. Hmmm, wonder how many other people caught that lie...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Makes me glad I don't live in the Denver area. I hate even going into St. George. Traffic BUGS me! Guess that makes me a real small town kind of girl!
Gotta love politics. We're not too far off from the Chinese, you know. :-)
Post a Comment