Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bear Lake - Day 4

Sunday night we realized that even though we had full hook-ups where we were camping, our battery was not charging and for whatever reason, even if the trailer is plugged into electricity it will not work if the battery is dead. Sigh- there always has to be something! Shawn pulled out the electrical panel to see if any of the fuses were blown (that would have been too easy!), but they weren't. We have had the battery for a few years and thought maybe we had just worn it out so we decided to make a trip into Logan to Sam's Club to get a new battery. (Just what we all want to do on vacation right?!)  We got up Monday morning and ate a good breakfast and then headed into Logan Canyon to the Limber Pine trail that we had wanted to hike. It was a lovely 1.5 mile loop that meandered through the forest and had just enough ups and downs to make it interesting and not enough to have me hating the trail. I had done some trails research before we left and this was the one I was willing to go on. I like a nice easy/moderate hike- not a killer hike. It was funny because the night before we went Baylie had asked me about the hike and if it was going to be hard. I told her it would be a nice pleasant hike that we would all enjoy. She then asked me if I would say that "hiking was my thing". I told her, no, not really but sometimes they are fun. She didn't think hiking was her "thing" either. Funny girl! Then, even funnier, we were waiting to start the trail and she leans over to me and says, "Mom, does dad know you picked an easy hike?"  LOL  "Yes, Bay, Dad knows." Cracked me up!


After the hike we headed over to Logan. We really didn't want to be there but what do you do when your trailer battery is dying? While Shawn went to take care of the battery I grabbed a few things from Sam's and we decided to have a quick lunch at the deli. Shawn finished with the battery and came over to eat lunch with us. He had some good news! Because we had bought the battery at Sam's they just did an even exchange for it! Wow- Really? I was so happy- YAY! :)  After lunch we headed back over to Bear Lake. We got there and put in the new battery and were very happy - until a few hours later when we realized it was going down! Grrr.... Apparently, as far as we can tell something must have happened to the converter when we had the lovely power surge/outage at home the night before we left (the trailer was plugged in at the time....). So lame! Oh well, we were not going to make another trip over to Logan so we just started conserving energy as much as we could- like getting ready for bed using flashlights for the next 3 nights. Haha! We kind of looked like the ghetto trailer compared to all of the other rigs with their lights blazing and us skulking in the dark.

After we got back the kids blew up their rafts and we went out and played in the water for awhile. We tried hooking them all together and we were all hanging on for dear life. It was relaxing and fun just laughing with them. Later the kids played on the beach for a bit. Tyler and Bay were building a sandcastle- they don't always get along so it is great when they can work together and not get on each others nerves.


Notice the JB and 1D in the sand.

Another gorgeous sunset! Love the reflection on the water.
 We hung out for the rest of the night around the campfire, enjoying each other's company.
I had to add one of Ash because I think she ditched us at the beach before the camera came out....
 




1 comment:

alison said...

You crack me up with the whole ghetto rig thing. I can see it now! Miss you guys tons--I hope you are relaxing now at home and recovered from your trip. :)