We had a fantastic Thanksgiving week. My dad, sister Mel, BIL Aaron and nieces Ashley, Morgan and Joslyn arrived on Tuesday evening. It was so much fun to have them here finally! Wed Aaron went to work with Shawn and it sounded like they had an eventful day. :) I had to work for a few hours so after that the rest of us trooped off to Walmart to get the final fixins for Turkey Day dinner. We had a fun evening just hanging out, visiting and preparing for the next day. On Thanksgiving day we had a pretty low-key morning which was really nice. We prepared the food and met the Steins and Wheelers at the church at 4:00. Holy cow, we had so dang much food!! We could have had 5 more families join us and still had plenty! We had a great time eating yummy food, playing basketball and other games. What a blast- the night ended way too soon. Friday the boys and Joslyn tried to go to the Coors Brewery but it was closed- again. This is the 2nd or 3rd time they've tried to go when Aaron was here (not to drink, just because it is interesting) but every time they are closed and their stupid automated voice message doesn't say they will be- argh! So they ended up going for a long, beautiful drive- something all of the guys like to do. Meanwhile Me and Mel took the big girls to see New Moon- LOVED IT! I thought it was way better than the first one and really, who can resist a little hottie werewolf- lol. After that we went to the outlet mall and did some shopping. It was a blast. Saturday we got up and out early and went to Hammonds Candy Factory for a tour. It is free and very interesting, plus you get to sample their yummy candy! After that we went up to Dinosaur Ridge and saw the fossilized dino tracks- really cool. The final stop was Casa Bonita. Their food isn't really very good (except for the sopapillas) but the kids really enjoy the atmosphere so this was really for them. We completed the night by playing games and hanging out. Sunday morning they headed out and it was so sad!! I really miss being close to my family! I am so thankful for all of them and so glad that they were able to come out for the holiday- I hope it's sooner than another 4 years before we can get them out here! :) Love you guys so much, thanks for coming!!
Apparently Blogger is being retarded and won't let me upload pics right now. I will add some later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE sopapillas! I used to work at a little place called "Nacho Fast" in the University Mall in Orem and we sold those. They were So. Good. In fact, I loved most of the food there. Too bad they went out of business... Glad you had a fun holiday!
We had soooooooo much fun! It went way to fast! We miss you. Thanks for all of your hospitality! Your the best! Love ya tons!
Post a Comment