Monday, December 14, 2009

Basketball

Tyler is playing basketball again this year through the Rec center. They won their first game last week by a hair- literally- it was by 1 point in the last 60 seconds of the game! Tyler did a great job and he even sunk a shot right at the half-time buzzer- it was a fun exciting game! I guess they did not do quite so well at this last game- I wasn't there because it was our ward party that day and Shawn and I were in charge so I was at the church getting ready and made Shawn take Ty to the game so he could see him play. Anyway, they lost. Tyler said I am his good luck charm so I need to come to the rest of his games- how cute is that?!

A couple of weeks ago after one of his practices one of the coaches was telling me how good Tyler is now and how good he will be if he keeps going. I was telling Tyler this in the car on the way home and I said "if you keep this up one day I will be able to realize my dream of selling you to the NBA!" He then replied "MOM, I don't want to play for the NBA, I want to be an Engineer!" HELLO! How awesome is my kid that he has such good goals already!!! So then I told him that he was right, he had a better goal in mind but if he plays really good he could always get a basketball scholarship to college to help pay for that engineering education. He thought that sounded like a good idea. :) Tyler is such a great kid and such a blessing to me. I know for sure that he is the kid that will take care of my in my old age! I am such a blessed mother.

No comments: