Sunday, March 22, 2009

Penelope

So if you haven't seen the movie Penelope I highly suggest it. What a cute movie! Last night I finally had the chance to sit down and watch the movie with my kids and I just loved it! It really had such a great message and was so much fun to watch. The premise of the movie is that a "blue blooded" family had a curse put on them several generations back that the first daughter born would have the face of a pig. So, when Penelope was born she had a pig nose. The story goes that the curse would only be broken when someone of her "status" loved her the way she was so her mother is on the hunt for a "blue-blood" that would not run screaming from her daughter and would truly see her for what she was. Her truly defining moment is when she decides she likes herself the way she is. Again, this is a charming and wonderful movie about liking who you are and embracing your differences. I absolutely loved it! This one's a keeper in my collection. :)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I can't believe you hadn't seen it yet! We like that one too!