Tuesday, October 14, 2008

catch up

Okay, so I know I have sucked at blogging lately. It's not because there is nothing going in, it's because there is so much going on I don't have time to write about it! :) Anyway, I am going to try and catch up on a few of the highlights of the last few weeks...

On Saturday Oct 4th some of my friends from church had a scrapaway retreat in Estes Park. They invited me to come up and do massage for the day and it was so much fun! I managed to do 10 (yes 10) 30ish minute massages (I say "ish" because I have a hard time sticking to 30 minutes). I had a wonderful time talking one on one with all of the gals and making money was just a bonus! :)

Last Wed my old job emailed me wanting me back- HA! Thanks, but no thanks!

On Friday Shawn and I did it--- we bought a travel trailer! I still can't believe we did it! It's 33 feet and sleeps 8-10 people. It has the 4 bunks in the back, which is what we really wanted. We have been thinking about doing this for a couple of years and finally decided our kids aren't getting any younger. We really want to be able to enjoy as much fun time with them as we can before they get too big to want to be with us (I really hope they never get THAT big). Anyway, it was a great deal, the only catch it it's in Iowa sooo, this weekend we will be making a quick trip to Iowa to pick up our trailer (providing it's all they said it was). We are so excited! Plus, we can justify it as "emergency housing". :)

Tyler has been playing soccer for about a month now. His poor team is really struggling this year, they haven't had a win yet. I know it's hard on him and the other team members also, especially the ones that have been on the same team for the last 3 years (the past 2 they had almost all wins), but, I guess it's a good lesson in sportsmanship and having fun no matter what.

Yesterday we took the kids to see "Beverly Hills Chihuahua". Oh my gosh- shoot me now! Ugh! Okay, to be fair the kids loved it and there were a few funny parts but for the most part I could not wait for it to get over! It was just soooooooooooooooo slow..... Save your money and rent it. BUT, last week Shawn and I went to see "Eagle Eye", and this one we really liked. It was very action packed and I wouldn't be surprised if there is already something like this out there- I won't say anymore because I don't want to give it away. We recommend this movie. :)

Alright, I think that about covers the highlights. I can't think of anything else right now although I'm sure as soon as I hit "publish" I will have a plethora of thoughts flood into my brain...

4 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats on the travel trailer! That sounds like so much fun!

I've heard awful things about the Beverly Hills Chihuahua movie... I'm so glad I don't have to worry about those movies - yet! My day will come...

The Toy Guru said...

Okay, i'm glad you said that about the Chihuahua movie. My kids have been wanting to see it, now they can wait for the DVD.

Marni said...

Woo Hoo! Emergency Housing! :)

Jolayne said...

I have to make little notes in my planner (yes, I still use one) as they happen or I will forget.

Congrats on the new trailer. Should be fun. That's my kind of camping.