Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference

I just LOVE General Conference weekend! I look forward to it every 6 months, and not just because we don't have to go to church. :) I absolutely LOVE hearing from the Prophet, Apostles and other general leadership of the church. Every time I am so amazed and overwhelmed by the Spirit and the continual confirmation that this is the Lord's Church and I am so grateful and humbled to be a part of it. Today between the sessions they showed a documentary on President Thomas S. Monson called "The Lord's Errand". Again, I was so overwhelmed by the Spirit as I heard the testimony of the Prophet on the many times the Spirit has guided him in his life and how he followed the promptings and was able be an answer to prayers. I couldn't help the tears streaming down my face and I felt gratitude for him and his example. Gratitude for a loving Heavenly Father and gratitude for my Savior, Jesus Christ. One of the last things in the show that Pres. Monson said was "If the Lord has an errand, I want him to know that Tom Monson will do that errand for Him". Wow! I want the Lord to know that Shelly Wycoff will do His errands to. I am going to work harder to be in tune with the promptings of the Spirit and to follow those promptings. What a wonderfully uplifting day!

3 comments:

Sara said...

We are on the same wave length. I ditto all that you said. You're awesome and I really miss having you in my life! Just thought I'd let you know that.

KrisJ said...

He really is amazing huh! I enjoyed the talks but his in particular, the prophets always have such a calming sweet spirit that always puts me at ease.

Brandie Lyon said...

You're so wonderful!