So yesterday I had what Cathy calls a "mommy payday" and so I have to take a moment and brag about my great kids. My grandma used to say that we are not supposed to be proud so she took her cue from our Heavenly Father when he was introducing His Son, and he said "... in whom I am well pleased", and she would say she was well pleased with us. So I am following in her footsteps when I say I am well pleased with my children. :-)
Yesterday Tyler had a playdate with one of his friends, when we picked him up and asked what they had done he said, "He wanted to watch I Am Legend and I told him that I couldn't so we did something else instead." YES!! My son has actually been listening to us! What a great moment as a parent to know things are sinking in. I told him that I was pleased with the great choice he made. Then shortly after Shawn was telling us how he had been bragging about our family at work and was showing our family picture around. One of the ladies there made a comment that Roxann was "stunning and should be a model". Roxy thought that was really neat and asked if we thought she should be a model. We told her that we wanted her to be whatever she wanted to be. She thought for a minute and said "I'm not sure I want to be a model, they don't always dress very modestly." SCORE 2!! *Sigh*, that was definitely a mommy payday, all of the pains have been worth it just to hear them making great choices based on things they have been taught! I am definitely "well pleased" this day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment