Friday, May 9, 2008

Activity Days Luau

Hi all, I finally have a minute to blog. Actually I was waiting for Shawn to download all the pics off the camera so I would have some pictures to post. I'm sure I could have figured it out by myself but then it would become "my job" and I already have enough jobs. :-) Yesterday Shawn said to me, "Why don't you go mow the lawn for me." My reply, "Okay, are you going to do the laundry for me?" After a brief moment of thought, "Nevermind." Mhmm... I thought so. LOL.

Okay, so that was a tangent. On to the blog of the moment. Wednesday night was a mother/daughter night for the Activity Days Girls. This year they did a Luau and it was quite fun! One of the girls had learned how to do the hula so she and a friend taught all of the girls and their moms a hula dance. It was really fun to watch. I say "watch" because I learned that it takes way more coordination than I am capable of mustering. You laugh but I am serious! I was tripping over myself, couldn't figure out which way to move my arms, etc. It was not pretty! Fortunately, after a few minutes of making a fool of myself I was able to use the excuse of taking pictures. They also had the limbo, a relay race, a picture place and a chocolate fountain. THAT was a huge hit with the girls! Oh, they also made leis for all of the moms and themselves. It was a fun and entertaining evening.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Love the story about your husband. I feel the same way!! I keep trying to give him examples like that too, to prove my point.

Brandie Lyon said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I couldn't believe how many people were there!